As part of our ongoing efforts to protect the health and safety of our patients, staff and their families, Little Elm Frisco Children’s Clinic is implementing the following procedures until further notice:
- All office visits will be by appointment only and must be scheduled in advance; no walk-in clinic or walk-in appointments will be accepted until further notice. Walk-ins will be directed outside, and may call the office to discuss their issue over the phone.
- We are sanitizing our exam rooms often throughout the day and at the end of each day.
- We have removed books from our exam rooms to limit possible viral spread through physical contact. Please feel free to bring your own materials to entertain your children in the office.
- Since medical supplies are limited, please bring your own mask or tissues to cover your coughs and sneezes.
- For everyone’s safety, we ask that extra family members, such as siblings, do not come along for appointments unless no other options exist. We particularly recommend those who are high-risk for complications from COVID-19 do not come to the office (particularly elderly people or those with preexisting health issues).
- We are continually screening all of our employees for signs of illness or infection and will quarantine them, if appropriate.
- Well-visits for those 24 months or younger will be conducted during designated hours to minimize their exposure to others.
- All other well visits will be deferred for the next 1-2 months.
- For patients who are ill, we may conduct a virtual or phone visit first to determine if an appointment is needed.
- If an appointment is needed, patients will be directed to a patient room as quickly as possible. We may ask you to wait in your car until a room is open and ready.
- We are not equipped for COVID-19 testing and do not anticipate having testing in the office anytime in the near future.
If you think your child needs to be tested for COVID-19, please call our office to discuss symptoms over the phone or by a virtual visit, and we can direct you appropriately. Please note availability of testing is currently limited to patients with severe symptoms or high-risk exposures with significant symptoms.